Legal Assistance and Information: More InformationThese resources can help you find out more about the law and how it operates in Victoria:
VICTORIA'S LEGAL SYSTEM - A compact guide to how the laws are made in Victoria and the bodies that make up the legal sector.
VICTORIA LAW - Easy-to-understand resources about popular legal topics, in English and other languages.
VICTORIA LEGAL AID PUBLIC LAW LIBRARY -
Victoria's only specialist law library, open to the public, offering a range of print and digital resources
Visit: www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/xfw/library.htm OR
350 Queen Street, Melbourne
COURTS AND TRIBUNALS VICTORIA - Information about all courts and tribunals operating in Victoria, including a brief overview of their roles.
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (VICTORIA) - Information, forms and links to legal services such as police, courts, prisons and victims services.
Contact DetailsThe Legal Helpdesk
Ph: 1800 677 402
Postal AddressLevel 5, 43 Hardware Lane
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Other services Offered by Victoria Law Foundation
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Ombudsman, service commissioners and government schemes
- Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Disability Services Commissioner
- Office of the Public Advocate
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria)
- Ombudsman Victoria
- Health Services Commissioner
- Legal Services Commissioner
- Office of the Victorian Privacy Commissioner
- Public Transport Ombudsman
- Office of the Victorian Small Business Commissioner
- Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
- Free or low-cost legal services
- Victoria Legal Aid (VLA)
- Community Legal Centres
- Private Lawyers and Law Institute of Victoria