Personal Development Activities: L2P Learner Driver Program / Young People / VolunteersThe L2P Program is a state-wide initiative sponsored by VicRoads and is delivered by Benalla Rural City Council to assist young learner drivers who are facing significant barriers to getting the 120 mandatory hours of on the road driving experience.
Young people face this challenge for a variety of reasons such as lack of access to a vehicle and family support, homelessness or economic disadvantage. Limited access to public transport in rural areas makes not being able to easily work towards obtaining a licence an even bigger issue for many young people regional areas.
The program is currently recruiting volunteer driver mentors - its a chance to make a real difference to young people in the municipality of Benalla.
Contact DetailsMs Teegan Doyle
Ph: (03) 5760-2600
Postal AddressPO Box 227
BENALLA VIC 3672
Site AddressCustomer Service Centre
1 Bridge Street East
Benalla, Victoria 3672
Operating Days & TimesIf you are interested in joining the L2P program as a learner driver, you will need to Contact the L2P Coordinator for an application form. Complete the application form and return it to the Benalla Rural City Customer Service Centre.
You will then be contacted by the L2P coordinator who will arrange a time to meet with you to discuss your application and explain the assessment process to you.
FeesThere are no financial costs involved. All services are provided free of charge. The only thing that it will cost you is your time and commitment.
Age RangesLearner Drivers Aged 16-20
Must have a current Learners Permit.
Wheelchair Access ProvidedYes
Other services Offered by Benalla Rural City Council
- Benalla Live4Life Youth Mental Health Initiative
- BPACC volunteers
- Community Development
- Emergency Support
- Free Immunisation Services - Community Care
- Free Immunisations Sessions at Waminda House
- Litter Gatherers Volunteers
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers
- Mobility and Accessibility
- Social Support Groups
- Rural Access
- Rural Outreach
- Visitor Information Centre Volunteers
- Volunteer Transport
Other Services at this Site
- Mental Health Services
- Community Information and Referral Services
- Crisis and Emergency Services - All emergencies
- Activities for Young People
- Volunteering Services
- Mobility and Accessibility Maps
- Aged and Disability Community Support
- Crisis and Emergency Counselling and Intervention Services
- Volunteering Services